Saturday, August 22, 2009

Going hunting for chorizo, tortillas


Heading to my hometown of Tucson, Ariz., for a few days to visit family and friends, handle some personal business and eat good Sonoran food.

Oh, and I will be certain to bring back as many dozen big flour tortillas and pounds of American Meat Co. chorizo that I can fit into a back pack.

San Francisco's food scene is glorious, but it does lack for the food we grew up on. Oh, there's plenty of Mexican food here, some of it even very good.

But the unique flavors and textures of Sonoran Mexican cuisine don't seem to make it out of the dessert, unless strapped to the back of a traveler.

That will be me in the middle of next week.

Hasta pronto, y que aprovecho.

1 comment:

  1. We get our masa for our yearly tamale-athon from American Meat Co., too. The used to have the best homemade beef jerky there as well, but the last time I was in there, they told me they discontinued making it :( -DLouie

    ReplyDelete